Friday, March 1, 2013

Quinoa Sweet Potato Burger


I absolutely love this recipe for quinoa sweet potato cakes that I found by GenY Foodie. I was looking for ideas to make something with quinoa and sweet potatoes and Google search led me to this!

I am currently obsessed with quinoa and its versatility and I have also been having sweet potato cravings lately. So, I am thrilled to have found something that combines the two and, let me tell you, this quinoa sweet potato cake is very delicious, full flavoured and juicy. Even the boyfriend gave his 2 thumbs up knowing that it doesn't have any meat in it!

It is very filling and you can eat on its own, burger style, as a sandwich or break it up into a salad. Each cake is ONLY 164 calories (if you're counting that is)!

I chose to have it burger style:

  • sandwich thins
  • a dark green leafy lettuce
  • sliced cucumbers
  • avocado slices
  • havarti cheese
  • a touch of ranch dressing
And it kept me full and feeling satisfied. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment