Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DIY: Jewellery Stand / Cart


I did a simple add-on to this IKEA GRUNDTAL Cart/Trolley a few years ago and it is still one of my favourite things in my room back at my parents' house. It's meant to be for bathroom storage but I use it for my accessories, hair stuff, lotions, makeup, etc. and it sits right beside my mirror so everything is at a hands reach.

How it came to be... So one day, I came across this wire hanger set from IKEA, which hasn't been used and was just sitting in my basement. I was looking at the clips that come with it and a light bulb went off! Why not use these clips on my little cart to hang my necklaces? I thought I was really clever at the time ha ha! Anyway, I thought I should share this quick and easy DIY with you all.

I wish I could have this here with me in Oz, but maybe I'll just have to make another one for while I'm here?

(Thanks to my sister, Tiff, for helping me take these photos the other day since I couldn't, because I'm half way around the world. Someone invent a teleporter already!)



You'll Need

  • A GRUNDTAL Cart/Trolley, from IKEA
  • RIKTIG Curtain Hooks, from IKEA
  • Pliers

How To

  1. Hold on to one side of the loop, using pliers to hold the other side and bend/twist to open gap large enough to fit it over the bar. If you have 2 sets of pliers, it might be easier to use one on each side and it's not as hard on your fingers. 
  2. Hook it on to the bar.
  3. Bend the loop back to its original state with the pliers to close it around the bar.. Repeat steps 1 to 3 until you have desired amount of clips hanging from the bars.
  4. Hang / clip your jewellery.
  5. Voila! Your very own Jewellery / Accessories Cart.

These are the hooks that came with the DEKA Curtain Wire but you can get similar ones such as the RIKTIG clips.
Tiff, demonstrating hooking it on to the bar for us.
Using pliers bend the hooks back to original position.

Like my old school, boxed TV in the background? 

2 comments:

  1. Recently I bought a new house that's why I was searching for how can I make my kitchen more wide and spacious. One of my told me to buy a sheet pan rack. That's why I bought it so that I can easily arrange many things in one place easily. I bought it from Ela Enterprises at a low cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Novica has the biggest carefully assembled adornments commercial center on the Internet, highlighting somewhere in the range of 15,000 interesting plans, direct from ace craftsmans in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. evil eye necklace

    ReplyDelete