Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Brownie


I was browsing on the Yummly app one afternoon and came across a pumpkin chocolate muffin which intrigued me because I know how yummy chocolate zucchini cake is. So, I did some more searching around and found this Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Brownie that I wanted to try. Lucky me I had some pumpkin in the fridge that needed to be used! A super easy, super delicious, and not so naughty brownie.



So here is the recipe with a few changes of my own, after reading a few other similar recipes:
(adapted from this recipe)

You'll Need:


  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
  • 1/2 cup white (or plain, all purpose flour, pastry, spelt, or even oat flour)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2c brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin or pureed sweet potato) 
  • 3 tbsp oil (You can omit, but be warned: the brownies will be gummy) 
  • 2 tbsp milk of choice 
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) 

How To:

  1. Make your own fresh pumpkin puree, further instructions here
  2. Combine dry ingredients, and mix very well. 
  3. Combine wet ingredients, then mix into dry.
  4. Pour into a greased pan (it will fill up half an 8×8).
  5. If you have left over pumpkin puree, put a few spoonfuls on the top and swirl it around.
  6. Cook for about 23 minutes at 330 F (170 C) or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you poke the middle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment