Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DIY Craft Table


Just wanted to share the craft table I put together for my sister and I, last September, in my parents' basement.

Here's is the mess and clutter it was before (don't mind the bad photo taken by an old BlackBerry and it's the only photo I have because I lost my camera with the before shots last year *tear*):



I'm sure some of you maybe have seen this brilliant craft table circulating Pinterest and DIY blogs. I got the idea from the Ivy Cottage Blog (which is no longer available) but here is one of the images from the post. 


I just loved how the 'legs' were shelves and it's a great way to store all your crafty knick knacks. 

I bought the shelves from Walmart and the table top from Home Depot. The teal colour on one of the backs of the shelves was just some poster paper painted with the same paint we used to re-paint the end tables on the entertainment side of the room. I decided to use it there to help create a flow between the two sides.

For the table top, I put a few rubber bumper pads underneath to prevent the top from sliding off the shelves. Alternatively, you could screw it down, but I decided not to in case we decide to move it or change it to a bigger table top. A special thanks to my sister, Tiff, for taking the photos while I'm on the other side of the globe.






Here are a few more ideas, and different versions of the craft table:
http://homemakerchic.com/tag/diy-craft-table/

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the table top and what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the table top and what is it called?

    ReplyDelete