Monday, June 3, 2013

DIY: Tea Bag Holder Using Jar Lids


Got some jar lids kicking around? Here's a quick DIY. Turn those jar lids into used tea bag holders!
I didn't have any little saucers or plates that I could have used for my tea bags and other plates just seemed too big to use. One day as I was cleaning some jars and making myself a cup of tea, and without thinking I placed the used tea bag on the upside down lid that was sitting on the counter. I thought, wow, what a perfect size for tea bags. And that's when the DIY-moment came along.

You'll Need:

  • jar lids
  • super glue
  • spray paint

How To:

  1. Wash and dry the lids
  2. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area. Put some super glue or loctite/epoxy on the inside of the lid to cover the rubbery ring/seal and let it dry overnight (first time I spray painted the inside without the glue the paint rubbed off the rubber seal, so I tried loctite and it worked wonerfully).
  3. In a well ventilated area, spray paint (your colour of choice, I chose black to match our black mugs) the inside and topside, allowing drying time between sides and coats (2 to 3 coats should do). 
  4. Leave the lids to fully dry for at least 24 hours after the last coat of paint. 
  5. Wash and dry before you use it with your tea bags!


0 comments:

Post a Comment